UP Man Finds Dead Rat in Veg Meal From Mumbai’s Barbeque Nation, Hospitalised

2 min read

A 35-year-old lawyer hailing from UP’s Prayagraj had an unfortunate experience that led to his hospitalisation after being ‘served’ a deceased rat in a vegetarian meal at Mumbai’s Barbeque Nation. Rajeev Shukla, the victim, took to social media to post pictures of the dead rat floating in his meal, recounting the harrowing incident that occurred on and after January 8th, 2024.

The incident unfolded during Shukla’s visit to Mumbai when he placed an online order for a Classic Veg Meal Box Regular from Barbeque Nation in Worli. Little did he anticipate the inclusion of unsolicited ‘extra protein’ in his order. Upon the food’s arrival, Shukla commenced his meal, only to discover a dead rat and cockroaches in the Dal Makhani. Subsequently, he experienced gastric distress and urgently sought medical attention at the civic-run B Y L Nair Hospital.

Expressing his dismay, Shukla shared, “I wanted to explore Mumbai and so I did, coming all the way from Prayagraj but possibly, this might be my last trip. I am a Brahmin and a pure vegetarian, but when my Barbeque Nation order arrived, it gave me the shock of my life. The food contained a dead rat and cockroaches. I suffered food poisoning and got admitted to Nair hospital,” as reported by the Free Press Journal.

Shukla promptly notified Barbeque Nation via email, detailing the contamination issue in his food. He wrote, “Received food with rat and insect, and unfortunately, I consumed its major portion. This is just not done since I am a vegetarian, also this is intolerable and I feel like puking; vomited already and it’s continuously running in my head and giving me nausea. Food business is (intended) to keep us alive and not to kill us.”

You May Also Like

More From Author