Glamanand Supermodel India 2022 grand finale was held in the Pink City Jaipur on 4th September 2022 at Zee Studios, Jaipur. Kashish Methwani was crowned Miss International India 2023.
In an exclusive interview with Guwahati Times, Kashish Methwani speaking about where she is from, said, ” I have moved around a bit. I was born in Mumbai, moved to Shillong for 6 years came to Delhi for a while and now I am Residing in Pune for the last few years.”
Methwani is a Student by profession and is currently pursuing Integrated MSc in Biotechnology (5-year course). She did her schooling at Army Public School, Shillong and Army Public School, Pune. And is currently studying at the Institute of Bioinformatics and Biotechnology, Pune University.
Speaking about her hobbies, she said she likes playing table tennis, dancing, basketball, and pistol shooting.
Q) Since when have you been modelling and How you came into modelling?
- My journey started as 8 year old going to small pageants, starting small and inching toward the bigger goal. That’s how I fell in love with the stage and cameras. I started doing a few photoshoots every year since then but it was only 3 years back that I dived completely into this field
View this post on Instagram
Q) How do you feel after being crowned the Miss International India 2023?
- I still have to pinch myself at times to remember this is not a dream. When you have seen the crown being placed on your head a million times before the actual moment, it does take a while for it to sink in.
- Right now all I feel is lots and lots of gratitude for all those people who have always been there for me. On that night I may have been the one who was crowned but it was the efforts of my family, friends and mentors that were rewarded. Through the ups and downs, they are the ones who have encouraged me and are the pillars of my strength.
- I have already started gearing up for next year because now there’s no stopping until I get the final crown back for INDIA!
Q) What do you think about ‘Modelling as a career’?
- I believe it is a wonderful opportunity for everyone! You get to meet, learn from and work with the best creative professionals in the world. The ramp and the cameras are definitely the highlights but a lot of hard work goes behind the scenes too. Just like every career, the road can be bumpy but if you work consistently and with determination, I promise you’ll do well here and in life.
Q) How does your family support you in your modelling career?
- They have been the ones who have been my strength and support in this journey. Initially, they were a bit reluctant but when I explained it to them why I chose this field and promised that the results will come, they understood and since then there has been no looking back!
- And more than anyone my mother has been there with me every step of the way, every shoot and every pageant. My family are my biggest supporters, they are the ones cheering the loudest in every event and I am so grateful for them and their love.
Q) How did you prepare yourself for the Glamanand Supermodel India event?
- There was a lot of hard work that went behind this journey. The first thing I did was watch every event and video available of previous winners so that I understood every part of the pageant.
- I would start my day with yoga to prepare my mind to be calm in any situation and in the evening, I would go to the gym for 2-2 and half hours to keep myself fit. Every day I would practice ramp walk for at least an hour as it plays a very important part in the pageant. To keep up with what is happening in the country and the world – I dedicated 2 hours for the news and would make notes on important topics.
- Since my school days, I have always participated in debates and elocutions, but as the pageant drew closer, I participated in online competitions more frequently to hone my communication skills.
- And I can confidently say that my preparation helped me a lot during the pageant. I am also proud that I could bag the subtitles of ‘Best in Ramp walk’ and ‘Miss Beauty with Brain’.
“In the near future (December – 2023) I plan to win the Miss International Title and make India proud. I would also take my NGO to an international platform and would further advocate for organ and blood donation,” Methwani said when asked about her future plans.
She added, “Down the lane, I wish to serve my country in every way possible. The goal is to live a life that means something not just for me but for those, whose lives I’ll touch. That is the legacy I want to leave behind, A life dedicated to uplifting others, inspiring little children and most importantly making a difference in this world.”
Q) Who is your role model?
- There are a lot of people that I look up to and they all have inspired me in some or the other way but one person whose life has made a huge impact on me would be Stephen Hawkings. I have always looked up to him. At the age of 21, he was diagnosed with ALS, a rare and threatening disease. His doctors told him he wouldn’t survive for long. What inspires me the most about him is the fact that he defied all odds, he went on to outlive his doctors, gave lectures despite his physical limitations and revolutionized the field of physics with his contributions. He would control a computer via twitching of a cheek muscle and would communicate via a voice synthesizer. To me, he was the epitome of courage and a never say die attitude. This is why he will always be my role model.
View this post on Instagram
Q) Favorite Actor, Actress –
- Sharukh Khan and Alia Bhatt.
Q) Favorite Food-
- Panipuri made by my dad. It’s the best!