Praachi Nagpal was crowned Miss Grand India 2022 at the finale of the national pageant held on 4th September 2022 in Jaipur.
She will now represent India at Miss Grand International 2022 to be held at the Sentul International Convention Center in West Java, Indonesia on 25th October 2022.
Praachi hails from Hyderabad, Telangana. She is a model by profession. She did her schooling at Chirec International and earned her bachelor’s degree in fashion communication from the National Institute of Fashion Technology (NIFT) in Hyderabad. Currently, she is pursuing her MBA in luxury and fashion management from IFA Paris. And is currently a professional in the fashion and luxury industry.
She’s a certified Kathak dancer also. Praachi is not new to the pageant world, in 2018, she stood on top competing with 12 candidates in the 13th edition of The Tiara Queen by TGPC and won the title also. Then, she finished in the top 5 at Glamanand Supermodel India 2018. She worked for Femina Miss India 2020 Manasa Varanasi as a stylist.
Speaking to Guwahati Times about her Hobbies, she said that she likes dancing, playing sudoku, stitching, modelling, kickboxing, baking, and styling.
Q) Since when have you been modelling and How you came into modelling?
- I started modelling in the year 2016 after one of my college senior’s asked to model for one of their assignments. Since then there’s been no turning back and I’ve fallen in love with the camera.
Q) How do you feel after being crowned Miss Grand India 2022?
- It still feels surreal. After working on achieving this for the last 7 years, the feeling that it has finally happened – it is yet to sink in! But now with the time constraint, I still have a responsibility to fulfil towards my country. So I think once I wear the sash of “INDIA”, it’ll finally sink in.
When asked about her views on ‘Modelling as a career’, she said, “Growing up I was always made aware about the pros and cons of modelling. But once by fate when I got into it, I realised that modelling as a career is very empowering. There are of course bad days, but those exist in any career – it’s up to you to make the most of your choices.”
Q) How does your family support you in your modelling career?
- If it wasn’t for my family’s support I wouldn’t actually gotten into modelling. They’ve woken up early morning to drop me on shoots, encouraged me on my bad days- helped me overcome my self-doubts and always been my backbone.
Speaking about how she prepared herself for the Glamanand Supermodel India event, she said, ” I’ve been preparing for winning a beauty pageant the last 7 years of my life- but in particular this year- I worked harder on my fitness- both physically and mentally.”
“I worked more on my communication skills and more than anything to make myself emotionally stronger after so many failures,” She added.
View this post on Instagram
Speaking about her future plans, she said, ” I aspire to be an entrepreneur and make the most of my knowledge out of education, combine both my passions- fashion and pageants together.”
Q) Who is your role model?
- It would be MS Dhoni, For his calm, his resilience, his leadership and his sportsmanship.
View this post on Instagram
Q) Favorite Actor, Actress?
- Ranveer Singh and Sonam Kapoor.
Q) Favorite Food
- Anything homemade. Nothing beats mom’s Rajma Chawal, Idli, Pulao or even Continental.