GUWAHATI: The lockdown will come into force in all the areas of Guwahati with effect from Sunday midnight for 14 days.
Addressing a press meet, Assam health minister Dr. Himanta Biswa Sarma announced the decision.
The serives that will be allowed to carry out during the lockdown according to a Government order are:
1. Defence Central and State Police forcos, Establishment of the District Magistrate, Commissioner of Police, Home Guards, Civil Defence, Fire & Emergency Services, Disaster Management, Electricity, Water, Sanitation Municipal bodies (only staff required for essential services like sanitation water supply etc) will be allowed to function,
2. Hospitals and retail medical establishments
3. Only 10 (Ten) % of Bank branches in the District with skoletal attendance and ATMs shall operate Highest Authority of the Banks shall determine the specific branches and give wide publicity of open bank branches
4. Print and electronic media including newspaper distribution are allowed. However, it is advised that minimum number of persons shall only come out in the open;
5. Telecommunications, internet services, broadcasting and cable services, IT and IT enabled services to continue. However, personnel engaged in these services are allowed to work from home only. Only emergency repair crew would be allowed movement subject to prior permission/ pass from appropriate authority
6. Power generation, transmission and distribution units and services shall continue with persons with specifically assigned duties being allowed to come out
7. Transportation of essential goods, vehicles of Health, Fire, Law & Order and Emergency Services are allowed
8. All transport services and movement of people from other districts shall remain suspended except that connected to COVID functions. Inter-state movement shall also remain suspended except with prior permissions/pass;
9. People (Interstate and inter District movement) holding train/air tickets to and from Guwahati as well to Guwahati shall be allowed to move only on production of such tickets at check points;
10. Hotels which are accommodating quarantined persons, medical and emergency staff air crew shall operate with skeletal service,
11. Establishments used earmarked for quarantine facilities shall operate;
12. All officers of the rank of Joint Secretary and above shall attend office in Assam Secretariat regularly. Other officers and employees shall be asked to attend office on need based instruction issued by the senior-most secretary of the Department. Directors shall decide on the number of skeletal officers and staff to attend for functioning of Directorates
13. Government officers and employees who are directed specifically by their Controlling Officers will only be allowed with documentary evidence of such permission/orders. Rest of Government functionaries shall work from home. Only those Government officers and employees connected with the aforementioned exempted categories would be allowed to come to official workplaces
14. Milk, baby food, medicines and water supply are allowed on specific areas and time.
15. Railway offices and persona directly linked with operation of passenger and goods trains shall be allowed to operate on being so assigned
16. Continuous process industries would be allowed to function, subject to workforce staying in the premises and outwards/ inwards movement during the period of lockdown shall not be allowed,
17. Only identified Petrol pumps gas agencies would be allowed to be operational during Lockdown. LPG agencies shall distribute products at home Customers’ homes only.
18.Petroleum products to other districts would be allowed to move through Highways
19. Agricultural and Tea garden activities shall continue with social distancing.
20.Lockdown permissions passes issued earlier stand cancelled Fresh permissions passes shal have to be obtained from competent authority,
21. No person(s) shall be allowed to venture out simply on the ground of being employed in the exempted category of services
The permissions granted to persons, services activities as given above may be withdrawn at any time without assigning any reason and/or advance notice. The extent of validity of this order may be modified depending on analysis of ground reality as and when required.
All other activities other than specified as exempted above shall remain prohibited in the entire area until further orders; Provision for thermal scanning, hand wash and sanitizer will be made at all entry and exit ports and common areas
Weaning of face cover is compulsory in public places, in workplaces and during transport
Persons above 65 years of age, persons with co-morbidities, pregnant women, and children below the age of 10 years are advised to stay at home, except for essential and Health purposes.
The Commissioner of Police / District Magistrate of Kamrup Metropolitan shall very strictly enforce the above measures without any dilution as these measures are put in place to avoid dangers to a large group of public. These officers are at liberty to invoke other legal provisions to enforce strict lockdown on being so satisfied of necessity.
District Magistrates of all other Districts of Assam shall enforce total prohibition of movement of persons between 7 PM (1900 Hrs) and 7 AM (0700 Hrs) (Night Curfew)
in all areas of their respective jurisdiction under relevant provisions of Cr PC including rural areas from 7 PM of 27 June, 2020. District Magistrates of all districts shall also promulgate necessary orders for “Total Lockdown of all Municipal and Town Committee areas under their jurisdiction on all Saturdays and Sundaye wef. 27 June, 2020 until further orders,
Any person violating these measures will be liable to be proceeded against as per the provision of Section 61 to 60 of the Disaster Management Act, 2005, besides legal action under Section 188 of the IPC, and other legal provisions as applicable.