Guwahati: Assam Police on Tuesday has issued a new regulation for vehicular traffic movement in Guwahati in view of President Kovind’s visit to Assam.
Assam Police Tweeted, “Directions/Restrictions on the vehicular traffic movement in view of the visit of the Hon’ble President of India, Shri Ram Nath Kovind to Guwahati on February 25 & 26, 2022. Citizens are requested to follow these restrictions to avoid any inconvenience.”
1) No commercial goods carrying vehicles of 4 wheels and above shall be allowed to ply on NH-27 and NH-17, falling under Guwahati Metropolitan City from 6 AM to 10 PM on February 25 and from 5 AM to 12.30 PM on February 26.
2) No commercial goods carrying vehicles (small /medium/ heavy) shall ply on AT Road, MG Road, FC Road, Taybullah Road, GNB Road, B Baruah Road, GS Road and Panjabari Road from 7 AM to 9 PM on February 25 during the visit of the President of India.
3) The ASTC undertaking buses coming from Lower Assam side to Machkhowa and Paltan Bazaar will not be allowed to enter from Jalukbari on February 25 and will be diverted to ISBT.
4) The Pilgrims are advised to use the newly constructed road from Pandu Temple Ghat, Pandu to Kamakhya Temple instead of the main Kamakhya Temple Road from 6.30 AM to 2 PM on February 25.
5) Certain restrictions will be in place on the following roads at the given timings except for emergency travel.
Citizens are requested to make movement plans accordingly.
(a) From Airport to Kamakhya Gate – From 11.20 AM to 12.15 PM
(b) From Kamakhya Gate to Koinadhora via MG Road, B Baruah Road, GS Road – From 12.30 AM to 1.40 PM.
(c) Again in the evening GS Road (Khanapara to Sixmile) and Panjabari Road From 5 PM to 6.45 PM.