New students’ body have been created in Assam named- (ACS)Assam Chatra Samaj, declared during a pressmeet at the Guwahati Press Club on 15th December.
The body comprises students of Gauhati University, Cotton University, Dibrugarh University, Tezpur Unversity and various other colleges of Assam.
The elected convenors of the coordination committee are:
- Moon Talukdar, General Secretary(PGSU) Gauhati University.
- Rahul Chetri, General Secretary of Dibrugarh University.
- Rahul Bordoloi, General Secretaryof Cotton University.
- Anirban Goswami, General Secretary of Government Law College.
- Pranjal Kalita and Hirokjyoti Bora, Former GS of Cotton University.
As their first event, they have planned for a students’ summut on 18th December at the GU playground. Assam Chatra Samaj(ACS) is expecting participation of students from all educational institutions of Assam.
Assam Chatra Samaj(ACS) declared that their main intentiom is to carry forward the protest against CAA.