Guwahati: The Assam Government on Wednesday issued guidelines for the celebration of Viswakarma and Durga puja in Assam.
The official order issued by Kumar Sanjay Krishna, Chief Secretary, Assam stated-
1) There shall be no Mela etc. in and around Puja pandals.
2) No temporary pandals shall be allowed to be erected on and by the side of any street.
3) A maximum of 30 persons inclusive of organisers and priests shall be allowed to gather at any time in the Puja pandals.
4) A maximum of 20 devotees shall be allowed to gather at any Puja premises subject to there being sufficient space to maintain social distancing.
5) Puja organisers should not allow any person to enter the Puja premises without face cover and washing of hands. It will be the responsibility of Puja organisers to arrange for facilities for handwashing / sanitization at the entrance of Puja premises.
6) No permission for any immersion procession shall be given under any circumstances. A maximum of 5 persons shall be allowed to complete the ritual of immersion.
7) All visitors to Puja location shall be subjected to thermal scanning by Puja organisers and no person with any symptom related to COVID-19 shall be allowed to enter the Puja pandals.
8) In case any person/ visitor to Puja pandal is suspected to be symptomatic with COVID-19, it will be the responsibility of the Puja organisers to inform the nearest Government medical facility and arrange for the shifting of such person to the nearest COVID treatment centre.
Deputy Commissioners shall make necessary arrangements to ensure that immersion is staggered over three day period to avoid congestion and large gathering on any one day.
News Live TV