Things to know about the Temple:
- The Maha Mrityunjay Temple situated in Nagaon, Assam is the world’s largest Shivling with a height of 126-feet.
- The Puja Pran Prathishta Mahotsav of Maha Mrityunjay Temple started on February 22 and will end on February 25. The temple will be open for all the devotees from February 26.
- The construction of the temple started in 2003 with the help of Acharya Bhrigugiri Maharaj. Bhrigugiri Maharaja chose this place after performing meditation. According to Maharaj, in ancient times, demon guru Shukracharya performed Yagna at the site of the temple.
- According to a priest around 250 priests from Tamil Nadu have come to the temple to perform the Pran Pratishta Yagna.
- 108 Yagna kundas have been set up and all the arrangements have been made so that all the priests can perform the grand Yagna.