25.6 C
Friday, August 12, 2022

Featured News

Regional Committee Meet on Assam-Arunachal border dispute held in Guwahati

The Assam government is collaborating closely with...

ওদালগুৰিত ঘৰে ঘৰে তিৰংগা পতাকাৰ উদ্দেশ্যেৰে বাইক ৰেলী

এইবেলি ৭৫ তম স্বাধীনতা দিৱসটি অমৃত মহোৎসৱ...

Gauhati University to conduct Post Graduation admissions offline

English NewsGauhati University to conduct Post Graduation admissions offline

Gauhati University has announced that the Post Graduation admission process for all departments will be conducted in offline mode.

Students will have to appear in an MCQ-based exam and on the basis of the exam, an offline entrance examination will be conducted for the session of 2021-2022.

The decision was taken after a meeting on July 15 by the Admission Committee of the University as per guidelines provided by the University Grant Commission (UGC).

According to the sources, the university will organize Common Entrance Test for different disciplines for the session of 2021-2022 as the admission will be strictly based on the performance and eligibility criteria of the entrance test. 80 per cent of the total intake will be reserved for the GU graduates and the remaining 20 per cent will be reserved for the other university students. 10 per cent will be an unreserved category for the Economically Weaker Section (EWS) which is to be included in different PG courses in the departments of GU and the colleges affiliated under GU.

Check out our other content

Check out other tags:

Most Popular Articles

error: Content is protected !!
%d bloggers like this: