After being shut for more than six months due to the novel coronavirus (Covid-19) pandemic, the Kamakhya Temple is set to open its gates to devotees from October 11, the temple management committee said.
The committee said that the doors will be opened for devotees to perform parikrama following all the Covid-19 protocols. However, the inner sanctum sanctorum will remain closed.
Guidelines issued by the committee –
- The Devalaya Complex gate will remain open from 8 am till sunset on normal days. However, the timing may be changed during Navaratri n Durga Puja.
- The devotees will have to undergo Rapid Antigen Test(RAT) for covid19 at the medical camp organised by Health Deptt. near the entry point at Nursery(Kamakhya Foothill). Those who have tested within last 3 days need can travel after showing their reports.
- After reaching the hilltop, the devotees will have to show their reports to the security persons & proceed further.
- Then they will have to collect Entry Card from Annakshetra office situated in front of Chinnamasta/Kameswar Mandir & proceed to the Devalaya complex.
- They will have to go through Thermal screening n sanitsation chamber at the main gate.
- The maximum time allotment for each devotee will be 15 minutes.
- No entry without Face Mask.
- Everyone will have to maintain social distancing.