Assam Health Minister Himanta Biswa Sarma during a press conference informed some of the pressing concerns in the wake of the second wave in the country.
Speaking on the Remdisivir supply,
– Nursing homes can collect Remdisivir from GMCH at the cost of ₹1400 + GST= ₹1568
– Assam keeps 2500 doses of Remdisivir solely for the Nursing Homes; 1000 doses for non-resident Assamese
– 22000 Remdisivir doses remain to be used from 30th April to 2nd May
Updating on the oxygen supply, he said, “Assam is an Oxygen Surplus state.”
– 61 MT oxygen per day available while consumption is 20 MT. Capacity to increase in upcoming days.
– Assam Government is trying to revive the Digboi Oxygen Plant within the month of May after 10 years
– Assam currently owns 460 MT of oxygen storage capacity, 30 oxygen tankers and 200 MT of oxygen transportation facility.
In-house oxygen plant 8; 3 more oxygen plants to come up in next 15 to 30 days
On examination, he said,
– HSLC HS exam cancellation decision to be taken after 2nd May
– All elementary schools up to class 8 will be shut down
He assured the public about the current scenario stating that ICU, Beds, Remdisivir, oxygen, and even manpower are prepared in Assam and nothing to worry about.
Himanta Biswa Sarma went on to say that Assam is currently doing comparatively well in regards to Delhi and the situation is under control.
He also said that BJP promises not to have any human gathering with more than 50 members even on the day of the Election Result Declaration.