GUWAHATI: In the light of rising COVID-19 cases in the State, the Assam government on Tuesday imposed night curfew—starting from April 27 to May 1.
The night curfew will remain in force from 8 PM to 5 AM.
However, the order issued by the Assam State Disaster Management Authority (ASDMA) exempted some of the activities and services from the restrictions.
Here is the list of the activities exempted from the curfew:
- Officers/officials of Government of India/ Government of Assam, its autonomous/subordinate offices & Public Corporations involved in emergency services such as Health and Family Welfare and all related medical establishments, Police, Prisons, Home Guards, Civil Defence. Fire and emergency services, District Administration, Pay & Account Office, Electricity. Water and Sanitation, Public Transport (Air/Railways/Buses) including all incidental services/activities that are essential for smooth functioning of all modes of public transport ( such as handling of cargo, ticketing, air freight station, CFS, ICD etc.), Disaster Management and related services, NIC, NCC, and Municipal services, and all other essential services on production of valid Identity card. The uninterrupted delivery of public services shall be ensured by the concerned departments/agencies.
2 All Judicial officers/officials of courts of Assam on the production of valid Identity card.
- All private medical personnel such as doctors, nursing staff, paramedical staff etc., and other hospital services (such as hospitals, diagnostic centres, clinics, pharmacies, pharmaceutical companies and other medical & health services).
- Pregnant women and patients for getting medical /health services. Also Read – COVID-19 patient dies in Chirang district
- Person coming from/going to Airports/Railway stations/ISBTs allowed to travel on the production of a valid ticket.
- Officers/officials related to the functioning of offices of Diplomats of various countries as well as persons holding any constitutional post on the production of valid Identity card.
— ANI (@ANI) April 27, 2021
7 Electronic and print Media on production of valid Identity card
- There shall be no restriction on inter-state and intra-state movement/transportation of essential/non-essential goods_ No separate permission / e-pass will be required for such movements.
- Movement of persons related to commercial and private establishments providing the following essential services/commodities shall be allowed:
- Shops dealing with food. groceries, fruits & vegetables. dairy & milk booths. meat & fish, animal fodder. pharmaceuticals. medicines and medical equipments.
- Banks. Insurance offices and ATMs.
III. Telecommunications. Internet services. Broadcasting and Cable services. IT and IT-enabled services
- Delivery of all essential goods including food, pharmaceuticals, medical equipment through e-commerce
VI Power generation. transmission and distribution units and services
VII. Cold storage and warehousing services
VIII Private security services IX Manufacturing units of essential commodities X Production units or services which require a continuous process.