GUWAHATI: Total 17 candidates from Hagrama Mohilary led-Bodoland People’s Front (BPF) have emerged victorious in the Bodoland Territorial Council (BTC) election in Assam.
Here is the full list of the winning BPF candidates:
- Moon Moon Brahma- Porbotjhora
- Rahindra Brahma-Guma
- Mrityunjoy Narzary-Saraibil
- Reo Reoa Narzihary-Jomduar
- Prokash Narzary-Dotoma
- Hagrama Mahilary-Debargaon
- Rajib Brahma-Banorgaon
- Dhaneswar Goyary-Baokungri
- Derhasat Basumatary- Salakati
- Prabhat Basumatary- Subaijhar
- Saikhong Basumatary-Chirang
- Paniram Brahma-Kajalgaon
- James Basumatary-Nichima
- Dhananjoy Basumatary-Manas Serfang
- Bijit Gwra Narzary-Darangajuli
- Joysingh Mushahary- Salbari
- Fresh Mushahary-Dhansri
The elections to the Council were held in two phases on December seven and 10. Its 40 constituencies spread across districts of Kokrajhar, Chirang, Baksa and Udalguri.
The State Election Commission had deferred the polls, earlier scheduled on April 4, due to the COVID-19 pandemic.
The elections to the Council were held after a fresh Bodo Accord was signed in New Delhi on January 27 by the leaders of all four factions of the NDFB, then All Bodo Students Union (ABSU) Chief Pramod Boro, then BTC Chief Hagrama Mohilary and Chief Minister Sarbananda Sonowal.
The Council, after its term ended on April 27, is currently being administered under the supervision of Governor Jagadish Mukhi.